(1) Thanks to Tim Bowling for photos of McDowell County:
email at: email@example.com
(2) More of Roger Spencer's work: http://www.ovis.net/~rspencer
(3) "THEY STARTED IT ALL":
A Guide to Historic Sites on Hacker's Creek
by Joy Gregoire Gilchrist
(4) Ironton Lake Vesuvius story, "Adena & Hopewell Culture links".
The Lost People of Appalachia, the Melungeons:
Hopewell Culture National Historical Park.
(5) ~~~A Pioneer Wedding~~
Taken from History of Kanawha County, George W Atkinson, Charleston, WV, 1876.
(6) Post cards and photos from Bill McNamee's collection gleaned from the Rising Sun Town web site after Bill died. The site has since been closed.
(7) Other photos from Mort McCardell's collection and reproductions of photos, which were sent to Mort back in the 1960s, by Wilson McVey.
Choose the Related Family You Wish to Visit:
Double click to go to family links below